Finally got a chance to read Dinesh D’Souza’s new book, The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left. It was a great read and it really helped me better understand the current behaviors of the left, including the increasingly popularity of socialism despite very visible recent examples of the misery it brings.
Here is Dinesh summarizing soclialism’s effects on Venezuela.
This book does a quick job of correcting the many misconceptions about the left that have been falsely reported in the media and in the educational system.
- Some of the most interesting facts I discovered in this book are:
- That the KKK was the terrorist arm of the Democrat party
- The Democrat Party is the party of Jim Crowe
- In 1860, the year before the Civil War, all slaves were owned by Democrats.
- Democrats gave FDR an ultimatum if he wanted their support for the New Deal. In exchange he had to support their attempt to block Republican anti-lynching bills. FDR caved in and agreed to do so.
- Fascism, Socialism, Communism are all leftist ideologies. What they have in common is and out of control state which grows at the expense of our liberties and the free market system.
- Both Mussolini and Hitler were very clear that they are socialists and even expressed their admiration for the Democratic Party in the U.S. at that time.
To summarize, this is a great book. I recommend it to all, especially millennials and anyone else who thinks Socialism is the way to go.
The link above contains an affiliate link. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may receive a commission if someone purchases this book. Please note that I will only recommend books that I enjoy and have purchased myself.